+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tornado In Middle Tennessee Today

Default Tornado In Middle Tennessee Today

I if could please say a prayer for all the family's here in Middle Tennessee due to the tornado that hit in Murfreesboro, Tenn. this afternoon. There were many homes lost, several people injured and two life's were taken a 30 year old Mother and her 9 month old baby in the tornado. Thank God that there wasn't several more injured or there life's taken in the amount of destruction that took place in Murfreesboro today. I was around 25 miles by the way the crow flies from Murfreesboro when I received a phone call from my wife and three daughter that they had just been rushed into the bathroom at Marshall's department store at the mall in Murfreesboro because the tornado was a 1/4 mile away from the store. I was watching all this on the TV taking place and I sure know what the term "Helplessness" means now.
    Please say a prayer for the family's.
    Last edited by popperfly; 04-11-2009 at 02:31 PM.
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

they will all be in my prayers and rember to thank God for all he has done for you and your family

they will all be in my prayers

robin

Blog Entries

Prayers are with everybody in that area -- I had the opportunity to spend time down there a few years back while still training dogs (retrievers) and running in local field trial near Murfreesboro -- nice area and nice people -- hoping all the best
    Last edited by Mike Ormsby; 04-13-2009 at 05:22 PM.
    "No matter how complicated life can get -- remember life is sometimes like fly fishing; after turning over every rock in the river trying to "match the hatch", you have probably spooked every fish for miles -- so don't let the "little things" BUG you -- just enjoy whatever you find." Mike Ormsby

Been affected by a couple of them myself. It's a very hollow feeling. My heart goes out to those that lost family.

On a bright note. The areas affected here came back better than before. Seems to be a blessing in disguise sometimes.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

They are in my prayers. Last year a tornado came through here and killed 14. It came about a 1 1/2 mile of my house and it was a 1/2 mile wide. Like you, that is when learned the true meaning of helplessness. Then the next day, I went to try and help, and that was when I learned the true meaning of hopelessness. I was born and raised here, and if you had dropped me off in a helicopter I couldn't have told you where I was. It looked like Beirut in Lebanon. I would drive to work the long way around just so I didn't have to see it. I didn't want to get in the way and it hurt to much to see. But early one morning, a couple of weeks later, I drove through and saw a house that was already under construction, and that is what I think of, when I feel like giving up on something. I think of that little house, and then I just try to keep on keeping on. I went back a week or so later, there was so much reconstruction going on that I wasn't sure which house had been the first that got started back. That is when I found out the true meaning of pride. Real pride. Pride for my little community, and pride for being part of it. That may sound corny, but that is the truth. I suspect the folks in Murfresboro will know what I mean in a few weeks. I am glad I feel that pride, but I am ashamed that it took something that devestating to make me feel it, and I hope and pray, no one else learns those lessons the way I did.
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

+ Reply to Thread