+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help with a fly rod

Hybrid View

Default help with a fly rod

L&C.Crown # C-302] on it It looks like it is a old wood pole. Is there any way we can find out what it is worth?? It is a 3 pice pole I think it is a 7Ft. This was a e mail i got yesterday. Anyone know anything about these.

Blog Entries

found this, might help begin a search

Eric

Classic Taper: Lyon & Coulson 7?6? Imperial (by Doug Easton)

Lyon and Coulson was a retail mail order tackle house located in Buffalo, NY. They sold a wide range of outdoor gear from the 1920?s through the 1940?s. The main rod supplier to L&C was Heddon. Unlike some other tackle houses, L&C did little to change the appearance of the standard Heddon line except to give the rods their own model designations. Mike Sinclair gives the following equivalents: Deluxe = Heddon #35, Regent = Heddon
    #20, Imperial = Heddon #17, Crown = Heddon #14...

I found this information here

http://www.powerfibers.com/html/janu..._issue_18.html
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Default L&C "Crown" Rod

The C 302 is a Heddon built trade rod for Lyon & Coulson. It is of Heddon Model 14 grade. A 8 1/2' rod built on the 2F ferrule, 18/64ths "standard trout", weighing in at 5oz. A good medium action bamboo rod.

As to value, I couldn't say without more information as to the condition of the rod. Pictures would be most helpful. In excellent condition I would say in the realm of $300.00, possibly a little more. Anything less than excellent condition the value would depreciate significantly.

Bob
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

thanks for the info guys it is appreciated. Rod is not even close to excellent condition

+ Reply to Thread