+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand Slam!!!

Talking Grand Slam!!!

My first one... After work I went up in the mountains (West Va. side) fished for bout an hour, had several rises and caught a small brookie, a nice size brown 11-12, and a good size rainbow 13-14 inches, I didn't even think about it until on my way home, I was driving down 81 reflecting on the evening an it hit me...lol Tim ya caught a grand slam!!! lol My first one ever, I have caught browns and bows together, brookies in separate waters, but never all three in the same water....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Grubb View Post
    My first one... After work I went up in the mountains (West Va. side) fished for bout an hour, had several rises and caught a small brookie, a nice size brown 11-12, and a good size rainbow 13-14 inches, I didn't even think about it until on my way home, I was driving down 81 reflecting on the evening an it hit me...lol Tim ya caught a grand slam!!! lol My first one ever, I have caught browns and bows together, brookies in separate waters, but never all three in the same water....
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    I actually talked to Tim about this a wee bit earlier tonight, & he was PUMPED! Quite an accomplishment, & on the stream where Tim guided me to my 1st brookie there in the Shenandoah Mountains. Maybe he & I will go back so I can get MY slam.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Talking correction...:)

I have been corrected via PM, ( and I am glad I was) that an actual grandslam would include a fourth fish such as a Cutthroat... I didn't think of that cause we don't have other trout around here that I am aware of... Still, Hey how about a triple hitter!!! LOL I did have a great evening on the water...

Mike thank you for your kind words...

Thumbs up Grand Slam

Way to go, Tim !!

Seems that no matter what else happens on a given day on the water, a Grand Slam is special. The first one is really special. But you will enjoy every one, for sure.

John
    The fish are always right.

Grubb,

It's rumored that you can catch cutt's down stream of the Jennings Randolph Dam on the Maryland/West Virginia line. I've heard this from a few folks and seen it printed some place but can't remember the source. So, I suppose it's possible to get all four species. All things being equal, I'd be pretty pleased with your trifecta!
    Joe Bertolini

Quote Originally Posted by Grubb View Post
    I have been corrected via PM, ( and I am glad I was) that an actual grandslam would include a fourth fish such as a Cutthroat... I didn't think of that cause we don't have other trout around here that I am aware of... Still, Hey how about a triple hitter!!! LOL I did have a great evening on the water...

Mike thank you for your kind words...
    Tim -

Some one is pulling your chain, as far as I'm concerned. A grand slam is what is in the system you are fishing. If you don't have cutts in that creek, they aren't required for a grand slam.

Interesting that whoever it was that sent you that PM didn't post it publicly.

John
    The fish are always right.

Thumbs up ...:)

JohnScott they wasn't being unice, the PM was very respectful with consideration and happiness for my day, not a bad PM and a grandslam by definition I would guess the bases would have to be loaded...

Talking

Have to make a change on the size of the Bow...lol I have a pic of it beside my rod and after reviewing the pic, and getting out a measuring tape to measure my rod, I have to say the bow is 12-13 not 13-14....lol the brookie is 5-6 inches, I didn't get a chance to get a pic of the brown cause he escaped off the hook as I was reaching down to get a hold on him for a pic, so his length will have to stand as is, with a calibrated eye used for measurement...lol

9. Default

That sounds wonderful... that's one of my favorite regions in the Atlantic states.

Take some photos, buddy... pleeease.

khao-sok I got some, and I'v gotten them into a folder on my puter, now I need to learn how to get them into photo bucket then on to here. Mike (Ohiotuber) said when I got ready to he would walk me threw it on the phone, I think it will take along time to do that. But I plan on trying to get it done soon. I enjoy seeing everyone else's photo's and I would enjoy sharing mine as well...

Thanks everyone for sharing in my fun and posting...

PS: Hopefully pics soon to follow...

+ Reply to Thread