+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wading boots

Default Wading boots

I've had a pair of Cabelas Master Guide boots (too heavy) and recently a pair of Orvis Wet wading shoes. Neither have been even remotely comfortable when my fishing requires really long walks or 6-7 day trips. I'm desperate for a comfortable pair of boots.

I prefer a lightweight pair and would like to spend less than $100.

Any recommendations??

Korkers have been working well for me.

After a couple pairs of Hodgeman, I was convinced wading boots were designed with discomfort in mind. I now have a new opinion.

I'm happy with my Chota's, but mainly I think the search for wading boots should be made far and wide until you find a pair that feel good. I also ensured that my orthotics fit in the boots. My arches thank me. I think some boots don't have much insole support.

take most any pair that fits in the toes and heels add a birkenstock insole and you're set

About 10 years ago I stopped buying shoes of any kind that I hadn't actually put on my feet. Once upon a time I could wear cool shoes that hurt like hell and I would live with it. Now, they have to fit perfect or I wont touch them. You really need to hit a fly shop and try some boots on. I have met a couple guides that like the latest Korkers - the swappable sole is really handy.

Had some Hodgemans bought some Korkers. The Korkers are definitely a better boot.

Beaver

And - Sierra trading post has the old style Korkers - wetlands - light as a feather - on sale for 29.95. I bought 2 pairs just in case.

8. Smile I've got Korkers too!!

I bought a pair of the old style Korkers last fall too. Look around before you buy any additional soles, the folks at Korkers have a steep shipping charge.
    Adios Philip

I've been wearing these ultralights from Cabelas for about two and a half years and I think they are great. Still like brand new. $59 without studs or ten bucks more with. Mine have studs cuz the Umpqua is a slippery joy.
    Gary

Default boots

I have the same pair as above for 3 years i'm on the delaware river most every day, wear like iron and very comphy. barry

+ Reply to Thread