Blog Entries

Default New Chatroom

OK this is a demo.
    Not all the features will be ordered.
    Not all the features work in demo.
    It is WAY easier, and stable.
    It has potential.
    Sound can be disabled..
    I need time to delve into some admin functions, and we will run with the demo
    mode for a few days.

MODERATORS: Have JC change the moderator to YOUR login name BEFORE you enter the room if you want to look at moderator features. TALK to JC before you USE them though.. some aren't nice.

The age old addage of YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR applies sometimes.
    The older chat program cost $5.00 and did the job well for what it was.
    This one is more professional, and makes money so that it gets fixed.
    Sorta why we had to change to this BB. Free is only good if it's well maintained and documented...

Leave your comments here. (I can use a good laugh at the discomfort of a few fly throwers... WORM DROWNERS RULE!!!)
    --Ron--

Can there be a 'list' on here, showing who is IN the chat room, like before?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J Castwell View Post
    Can there be a 'list' on here, showing who is IN the chat room, like before?

DONE Now displays chatters list

I couldn't log on, said my password was wrong ??
    Member FFF , TU, MTFF
    Ron

Ron T,,, you won't believe this,,, the 'profile' feature, the one linked to the big BB,,, no matter whose name I select in the chat room,,, it goes over to the BB,,,
    and brings up MINE!... Oh,,, thanks for the list.

Ron, I have found this page, a chat module ( http://www.123flashchat.com/vBulletin_chat.html ) Do we need this one to be able to use our profile base in the VBB? Should this be the one we select for the April choice? Yet, it is not on the list of modules available. The other one (InvisAdmin) we liked worked very well for me tonight.

Oh, and under 'Maintenance' on our BB admin,,, there are several topics listed ref. 'update' threads etc. Take a look? Need doing?

Oh, and guys who suggest we should go back to the old one, or rather, never should have up graded it. The 'old' one was cheap and some files became corrupted. We would occasionally download the latest version, hoping to overwrite bad files with good ones. Eventually, the version we loaded was horrid. We had no options other than spring for a new one. So we are.

Blog Entries

My concerns include:

The chat only has room to show a few posts, then they scroll off the screen.
    (the real room is full size, or reduce your screen calibrations. There is also a full text list at the logo on top)

The frame color is difficult to look at for long periods of time. I would prefer something you could choose color on to make it low contrast for those of us who like different backgrounds and such.

(there are two places you can change that, options is one and change chat themes is another.)
    Not as far as I have been able to determine. I mean the glowing green part of it. I can change the chat window background, but not the frame it is in.

What's up with the Manga avatars? Is there a way to add or delete avatars?
    (You need more? or a wider selection?)
    I was just thinking that the avatar set does not mesh well with the target user group.

Will the final version be page width, or the mini chat like the test?
    (This one is embedded, the real one will be full page.)
    Kewl, thanks.

Why do some of us have hairy avatars to the right of our names, and others have the blue blobs? (just curious)
    ( some are content with blue blobs, obviously you seem not to be.)
    I would just like to know WHY some are different. The graphic does not seem to be something we have any voluntary control over.

And I need a blue Muppet instead of that orange one. It makes me feel negative
    ( I think the beta version has the blue Muppet in a different module for a small monthly fee. I will check.)
    That was a joke, actually.
    (so was my answer,,, actually)

If the old one is gone, how about the OLD old one? Before the Ukrainian one?
    (These companies went out of business. We need to go with the ones who do not.)
    Ah, like GM.
    Last edited by DG; 04-10-2009 at 01:23 AM. Reason: asking for clarification

Hi JC, the light grey user names in the chat display area is very difficult for old eye's to see who is saying what. The last time I was in the room the names were black and easy to see.

DEc,,, I will look into it. Thanks for taking the time to report here.
    The background (user names) is two-tone lite gray and alternately a bit darker gray. The names are black on mine??? On the left side, the color is controlled by the members. When they use something you can't read... raise hell!

OK,,,so I opened the moth filled purse of FAOL and paid for the nw chat room. That will make some changes available to us now. Please,,,if you have something that was bugging you, at least now is the time to let us know and maybe we can instal it with the new chat room.

It would be nice (like the old one) to post in the profile the state or area of the chatterer(is that a word?)

Closed Thread