Haha you will not find any real advice here about vices. Each make has its own followers. What suits one person another will hate. You could spend lots of money on a vice and not be suited to it. A vice is a personal tool. I have big hands so like a vice with lots of room, you may prefer a small neater vice. I personally hate the danvise although lots here will sing its praises. You may or may not require a rotary vice, (although I would always recommend a rotating vice. Someone earlier described the difference.) There are lots to consider which no one can tell you.

I have an anvil vice which I have used for years now. I have spent lots of money trying to improve it but keep coming back to this. Most people here will tell you to avoid it like the plague cause it has soft jaws etc etc. I have never had any problems and it serves me well. But it may not be what you need.

My best advice is to go to a tying class or your local (or equivalent to) the 'fly dressers guild' where various people will all use one or another of all these vices mentioned in this post and ask if you can try them. Everyone will fall over themselves to help you. You will also learn so much about tying too.

Lesson 1! Don't buy without trying!!