+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Force Fins

Hybrid View

Default Force Fins

I believe this is a new design, that adapts to a Wading Boot: http://www.cabelas.com:80/cabelas/en...449&hasJS=true
    This is a good price compared to other retailers. The Reviews are interesting!

Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Normand Guest

i believe they have been out for quite a few years. maybe cabelas are just now carrying them

Doug,

They have been around for several years. I picked up a pair at Sportsman's Warehouse right after they opened at a very good price. I haven't seen them in there lately. I'm not sure what the going price is now. And yes they will fit over wading boots.

Some of the reviews had me scratching my head. "can't turn"???? I have no trouble at all turning with mine.

I guess that I never checked the Force Fin site, for these fins, because it never occurred to me they could update the regular model. I wonder if this is a case of "If it aint' broke don't fix it"?
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

I've had the adjustable FF for about 5 years or more and they are great.

I hope some day I have to race or out manoeuvre some of the reviewers because if they can't figure out how to turn in a float tube....

Bamboozle,

If synchronized float tubes ever becomes an Olympic sport, we'll have to team up and show 'em how it's done. I was practicing my pirouettes yesterday.

Over five years here on the FF. I too bought mine at Sportsmen's and they were barely over $100. Still in excellent condition...no wear on the neoprene at all and I can honestly say, these are THE ONLY flippers I have used that are NOT hard on the boot/shoes. Other fins I had literally cut my boot/shoes.
    The only other flipper I have considered are these:

I can see they are good looking fins, but what make Force Fins worth $150? I do pretty good with a pair I paid $3 at a garage sale. Hey, I'm cheap, born poor and never fully recovered.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    I can see they are good looking fins, but what make Force Fins worth $150? I do pretty good with a pair I paid $3 at a garage sale. Hey, I'm cheap, born poor and never fully recovered.
    Force Fins are SPOON shaped. They curl up on the end so you can walk forward in them. The "V" shape makes them cut through the water better, then on the forward they SCOOP the water.
    When bad weather hits you and you are in the middle of the lake, then you will appreciate this.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    Uncle Jes:

You really have to see the adjustable Force Fins in person to see why the high price is justified. When you pick a pair up, you will know instantly that you have some serious equipment in your hands.

Besides all of the performance accolades the other fans out there have given them, they are built to last forever and I have a feeling mine will after more than 5 years of constant use. The strap system is excellent and hardware is attached to the plastic part of the fin with screws or rivets made of brass or bronze hardware. There are also protrusions on the bottom of the flipper which help with traction if you launch off a slippery bank.

I am a flippering fool and have done as much as 6 miles in my Force Fins on a days outing. The upturned flipper really does help with propulsion and it flexes which makes the whole process easier. Another advantage is the overall flipper length. Force Fins are the perfect length for float tubing IMHO. Long flippers seem to be best suited when your ankle is NOT at a 90 degree angle like when scuba diving when your quads can do most of the work to move the long flipper. When you are float tubing, because of your ankle angle, a large portion of the work gets done by the three muscles in front of the shin, the hamstrings and the quads. When I started using Force Fins, I noticed leg cramps seem to be significantly reduced over other fins I've tried and that's a big deal to me when I have to get to the other side when thunder rumbles.

While the upturned flipper also helps with walking, I still walk backwards when launching. IMHO being able to walk forwards isn't such a big deal, besides it takes a second to release the buckle on the FF to take them off if I feel the urge to look where I am going.

Obviously price may be an issue to some, but the quality and performance is evident when you try Force Fins. You do get what you pay for.

BTW-I believe Force Fin brand products are the choice of those pirate popping US Navy Seals!!

+ Reply to Thread