+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Force Fins

Hybrid View

ducksterman, there are a lot more Navy Seals than the ones in a video. Just because the Seals in the pictures are using Force Fins that doesn't mean that every single Navy Seal wears Force Fins. As has been said by Normand and myself, the Seals use several different brands of fins; Force Fins included. The Government normally buys equipment from different sources, that's good for the economy; they also don't buy junk for someone as important as a Navy Seal, so seeing them use a product speaks well for it. They also do not officially endorse any products, that would not be fair. The only way you would ever know how many Navy Seals as well as Special Ops from other branches of service all over the free world wear Force Fins is to ask the individuals.

Jayatwork, the point is Force Fins are world class fins and and the design is appreciated by many people that depend on the performance of fins; fly fisherman that use pontoons and float tubes are one of those groups.

Normand Guest

Quote Originally Posted by flyfisherjoe View Post
    The Government normally buys equipment from different sources, that's good for the economy; they also don't buy junk for someone as important as a Navy Seal, so seeing them use a product speaks well for it. They also do not officially endorse any products, that would not be fair. The only way you would ever know how many Navy Seals as well as Special Ops from other branches of service all over the free world wear Force Fins is to ask the individuals.
    that is absolutely correct. the government publishes military specifications (Mil Specs) and if you want to sell your product to the government/military it has to be per those specs.

duck

heres a foto from specialoperations.com that shows some "seals" or SOF. there are 3 guys in the foto with what appears to be 3 different kinds of fins on their packs. 1 appears to be a "force fin" style and the other 2 are the elongated style of fins. different styles may be used for different situations or maybe different guys like different fins. the elongated style is what i was talking about stowing on submarines.

http://www.specialoperations.com/Nav...n/mvc-044f.jpg

flyfisherjoe...note I said they were not carrying F/F.

Norm, interesting photo...assuming they were going on the same mission seems odd they each have a different style.

For me...I'm not sure I can discern a difference in most quality fins regardless of style...that is in re: to speed....Guess that's just me.

Over the years I've had all kinds...the straight style ...ambifins ...ones made out of graphite ....cheap ones and expensive ones...etc. I've had several generations of force fins...original style to the present ones...I was always looking for ones that fit over my size 13 wading boots...the current ones do that.

There was a thread long ago that discussed this and one of the discussants was on olympic swimmwer, as I recall, and she had a lot to offer about what certain style of fin was best in what type of situation and what muscles were involved in the stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman View Post
    flyfisherjoe...note I said they were not carrying F/F.
    ???? I never said they were, I didn't see the video?

Just an FYI. To the best of my knowledge our special forces personel are permitted to choose their style of equipment for much of what they use in their jobs.
    Dead fish don't make reel music.

+ Reply to Thread