+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grand Prismatic Spring (not ff)

Default Grand Prismatic Spring (not ff)

http://photography.nationalgeographi...-521743-sw.jpg
    "The center of Yellowstone National Park's Grand Prismatic Spring steams at 199 degrees Fahrenheit, too hot for the multicolored bacteria clustering on the cooler perimeter. But dead center is no dead zone: Billions of organisms called thermophiles flourish in the scalding water."
    From "Making Sense of the Millennium," January 1998, National Geographic magazine
    Photograph by George Steinmetz

Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

We spent one summer in the park, moving our camper-trailer each week to a different campground. We were very fortunate to be able to write and paint our way through the park. Fantastic scenery. Wonderful education. Awful glad we did it.

When my family and I visited the park in the early 60's, I remember being in one of the Gift Shops, and I picked up a Post Card, that had an old print of Old Faithful Geyser, on the cover, I was totally fascinated by it and I fell in love with Yellowstone. When I got married in 72, we traveled there many times. I learned the more trips I made, the more comfortable I felt there. I would sit on one of the overstuffed chairs, on the second level of Old Faithful Inn, and listen and watch the Old Ladies get off the Tour Bus and exclaim "Isn't This NICE!", as they came through the front door. Another memory, was sitting on the outside balcony, overlooking Old Faithful Geyser. Like clockwork, the tourists would collect by the Geyser, sit on the benches, the Geyser would erupt, and some time later, a new group would show up and start the whole process over again. The time that I have spent there, restored my soul. Yellowstone Park is a very spiritual place to me and the most wondrous place I have ever fly fished.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

+ Reply to Thread