+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hexagraph Fly Rods

Hybrid View

Default Hexagraph Fly Rods

I was talking to a fellow today about purchasing a particular bamboo blank for my next build. During the discussion, I understood ( or misunderstood ) him to say that his company builds all the blanks for Hexagraph.

I had heard of Hexagraph and have seen a couple threads here on the BB a while back with some limited discussion. Decided to take a look at the company and what it does. Just about the first thing I read was a very good article on rod blanks - bamboo, graphite and hexagraph. Thought you all might enjoy it. Follow the link.

http://www.hexagraph.com/HTMLarticles/caseSolid.html

John
    The fish are always right.

Thanks John, the folks at Hex have been friends for a long time and solid supporters as well. Wait until you cast one.

Wink Budget Blanks

JC -

Wandering around the Hexagraph website after I posted the link, I found an article on what rod to use to teach casting - from a Central Washington Fish-In - by one James Castwell.

After going through all the material on the website, I am seriously considering buying one of their blanks. Their rods and blanks are kind of pricey, but I have to say that I am intrigued by their product and its possibilities.

Interesting internal battle going on right now - go with an original Powell bamboo blank or a hexagraph blank based on Walton Powell's creativity - far back into the past or a venture into the future ?? Either one would stimulate someone else's economy and would be a budget item for me - a budget buster, that is.

John
    The fish are always right.

Sure wish I hadn't seen this - I do not need another blank sitting around. But oh, doesn't this sound interesting.

+ Reply to Thread