I suppose that I'm guilty of not introducing myself. I guess that I just joined the site and never thought to do it, but since I've recieved an email from a veteran encouraging me to do so, so here it is:

Hi. My name is Ray. I really love this site. In a couple of months time, I has fed me 90% of what I know about fly fishing (which, admitedly, isn't very much).

Anywho, I'm proud to say that I passed a fishing milestone this last weekend: I caught my first trout on a fly. While it's one thing to catch panfish and small bass on the fly (which I've had a bit of sucess at in the past couple of months), it's a whole different thing to catch a trout. I think that I now understand why the sport has all of the unwritten rules and slight nuances that make it such a delight to take part in.

That being said, if any of you Okies (my apologies to those Tulsans that I was supposed to call...) go fish the Lower Illinois this week, be sure to take some size 8 wooly buggers that have dark olive bodies and black tails and hackles on them: the rainbows couldn't refuse them. I had a grand time and caught several fish, until I lost mine in a tree...

Anywho, I'm sorry to be so long winded. This webiste is full of great people and I'm proud to participate!

cheers,
-Ray

------------------
"Tolerance is the mark of a man with no convictions." -G.K. Chesterton