Thread: Just Another DAY On The River!!!

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Default Just Another DAY On The River!!!

I decided to test out the arm (after such a long layoff this cold and snowy winter). So I went to one of my favourite rivers and took a few casts with the fly rod this morning. I’m out on the water and my fly slowly wakes across the surface of a crystal clear pool where earlier I’ve sighted a dozen good Steelhead. One large fin snakes through the water after my fly, like something out of the movie “Jaws”. A huge boil, and I wait for the agonizing second or two required for the fish to turn, and then strike. The water erupts into seething foam and a 25 pound plus mint bright hen Steelhead shoots into the air tearing line from my screeching reel. More than 2 hours later and a couple miles down river I have her. I admire her beauty, click a quick snap shot, and release her to continue on to spawn. Unfortunately as I let her go, she slapped the camera out of my hands and I lost it so no pictures after all but she must have weighed close to 30 pounds or even more….and oh yeah, Happy April Fool’s Day!!!!
    Last edited by Mike Ormsby; 04-01-2009 at 02:57 PM.
    "No matter how complicated life can get -- remember life is sometimes like fly fishing; after turning over every rock in the river trying to "match the hatch", you have probably spooked every fish for miles -- so don't let the "little things" BUG you -- just enjoy whatever you find." Mike Ormsby