Quote Originally Posted by TyroneFly View Post
Eric,

Point taken. We should not judge people by the equipment they use. I still say you will never see Steve Rajeff in a casting tournament with a budget rod.
And many of us might not use budget equipment if we all had some company sponsoring us to fish. If we, of more modest means or who choose to spend our hard earned $$ elsewhere, had a big company like Xxxxxxxx giving us equipment to fish, we might use it, we may not. I have cast with high dollar rods as well as low dollar rods many times. Most of the fishing that I do is within 30-40 feet. I have not been able to discern a difference between the two ends of the spectrum of rods. Therefore, why spend my $$ on something that does not make a difference for me. I do use one spool og "expensive" line though, Sylk (not silk). I paid close to retail for it. I do not regret it at all. Most of the time, I am using BassPro CV2 line at about $20 a spool. What it boils down to is, does your equipment work for you. More expensive, "top of the line", equipment does not make one a better fisherman.