+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PA Fish-In Attendees

Exclamation PA Fish-In Attendees

Just thought you guys (and gals) would like to know this.

Trout Unlimited "On the Rise" will be showing re-runs on the episode shot on Pine Creek. This is the scheduled times:

4/1/09 Wednesday 11am
    4/3/09 Friday 8am
    4/4/09 Saturday 9am and 4pm

In that episode, Frank Smethurst was based at Happy Acres, but he didn't get to stay in the lodge.

Frank was guided by Dave Rothrock (an FAOL member, BTW).

If anyone has dvr capability, I'd appreciate it if you could record this program for me to show at the Fish-In. I'll trade ya a dozen flies for it!

Is anyone else nervous about how quiet bigdadyrods and wetflyguy are about this? I keep hearing rumors about them bringing livestock up to Waterville.

Is it May yet?

Unhappy Not to be a downer, but...

...pray for lots of rain, do a rain dance, do whatever you can think of to make it rain.

Pine Creek is flowing at a little under 580 CFS and should be around 1700 CFS.

If things keep up the way they are right now, everyones going to have to bring their own water to fish in.
    Fishing with bait is like swearing in church.

Blog Entries

Unhappy

Sad to hear about the Pine..........in the same light most of the SE portion of Pa. is experiencing very low water conditions (some ankle deep).............if you know any full fledge native americans.....please ask them to start dancing.

nighthawk Guest

Not looking good here either. We may all end up fishing the lake up there. Fire risk at Little Buffalo State Park already posted as High. That is really bad this early in the season!

Blog Entries

Ed, sorry I don't have the DVR, however when I saw the thread this AM I made sure I got home for lunch in time to watch it. Good show, very representative of what we experienced down there last year, and I got a few tips for my arsenal as well! Thanks for posting that! I'm praying for ENOUGH rain! Thanks for that leader formula, maybe I can put it to use on Slate.

nighthawk Guest

HOORAY! It is raining!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heritage Angler View Post
    If anyone has dvr capability, I'd appreciate it if you could record this program for me to show at the Fish-In. I'll trade ya a dozen flies for it!
    actually you would need either a DV recorder or VCR. My dvr is alread set to record it (series) so i will try to burn it to a DVD. If you PM me your address i will mail you a copy since i am not sure if i will make it to the Fish in or not, i would like to come up for the day friday but not sure if it will work out or not.
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

Thanks Joe! PM sent....

Slate - This does concern me as well. We DO have an "ace in the hole", however. The 2009 PAFLYFISH Jamboree is the week before, and they ALWAYS get deluged with rain. Works every year!

Quote Originally Posted by Heritage Angler View Post
    Slate - This does concern me as well. We DO have an "ace in the hole", however. The 2009 PAFLYFISH Jamboree is the week before, and they ALWAYS get deluged with rain. Works every year!
    Good luck with that. I hope you're right. With all of the rain forcasted for our area today, we got a passing shower that was enough to wet my deck, which is dry again. The radar map shows that the rain has passed. My rain dance did not really work.
    Fishing with bait is like swearing in church.

+ Reply to Thread