Thread: Very Exciting

Threaded View

Talking Very Exciting

Well, this is not fly-fishing related but I wanted to post it anyway. As some here know, I'm an avid shutter bug and shoot most of the photos that Mustad uses for marketing as well as shooting photos for several others companies in the tackle industry. Well I got a call about 3 weeks ago that one of my shots was being considered for the cover of Sport Fishing magazine. It made the final cut and now the shot is gracing the front cover of the April '09 issue and I'm just so excited. This is the biggest and best fishing publication circulated globally (in my opinion) and getting a cover hot here is the holy grail. This makes all the time spent shooting photos when I could be fishing well worthwhile : )

For those of you who do not get this magazine here is a scan of the cover

It will take a while for the grin to wear off!

For those interested, the photo was taken the last day of the Miami Billfish Tournament in 2008. This sneaky fish ate a bait literally as "lines out" was being called by the tournament director (which means the days fishing is over) so the fish didn't count for the event. I hooked the fish and quickly passed the rod off so I could shoot some photos. I was using a Canon 10D with the Canon 70-200mm 2.8 Super Bowl sized lens. Hey I'd rather be lucky than good any day.
    Last edited by Dr. Fish; 03-31-2009 at 12:56 AM.