well here i am ,,deep in the ozarks ..trying to fish ....in between the raindrops an the frost ... well it has been good to get out an an chase what ever ...i am using a 5wt. rod with a 5wf line an all the rest ....i wanted to give my 1st report on using some of the flies thant was sent to me from Iowa . i presented about 4 of them ,,in a pond water was relativly clear to gin clear ;i made presentations of the red an green flies on a couple of cloudy days with the idea that because it was a darker fly for a darker day ..a couple of chases but no takes ..an then some really short strips and some nibbles ..but the water temp was still cold ..so i tried a couple days later ..bright day in the afternoon ..water was a little cloudy ..not bad so i tried the silver flash ..with what i call a dead drift with a 6 inch strip and took 4 10+inch bluegill ...however the water did warm up..an they are more active ...much more willing to take ...the flash ....there is a sky blue one i had really good hits on ,,an took 2 over 9+ inch on the bluegills ....i tried the blabk one on had some juvinile lg. mouth bass chase but not take ..i am tring to stay away from stripping these,just to see what an how the bass an blue gill come to rise and the aggresiveness of the take i will give a report on the river next week