Well, my fly tying experiences started with the class that bassman taught at his Church in October and November 2008. Somehow I managed to get hooked. And have jumped into swaps with both feet. Learning a lot and enjoying the heck out of it.

I have since proved that a trout can be caught on a fly I've tied. Note the emphasis on the singular. I haven't been able to prove that the trout catching mojo is still in those flies after one fish, however.

Anyway, my granddaughter spent a weekend with us a few weeks ago. She was doing crafty kinds of things with my wife. Latch hook. Cross stitch. The 9 year old is quite artistic.

Saturday evening she says, "Poppy, can we tie some flies." How cool is that? An unsolicited request to join in on Poppy's fun. Stifling a "Whooo Hoooo!" I said, "Sure we can."

Between the two of us we managed a pretty good "Lady's Fish Finder". She really did a nice job with it. Didn't need much help - except to master that whip finish.

I figured that might be it... for a while.

Next morning, before my eyes were even half-way open... and long before the first cuppa joe... "Poppy! Can we make another?" Like I needed to be prompted again.

"How about another?" Oh my! "And another?"

Three flies and all before breakfast. Wife finally had to run interference... "Honey, Poppy's in the shower getting ready for Church. We can't tie another one right now."

Cheers!
John R