This past Saturday was TU River Clean-Up Day on the Little Red River. We had some heavy rains early in the a.m. that made the water very muddy so conditions were not perfect for pulling out trash.

With all the heavy rains early in the morning (plus falling water from generation ending at midnight) the lower river was very high and muddy today, but it didn't stop some brave souls from loading boats and trucks full of trash. Some areas where trash had collected were not safe to venture into with boats on high water, but a solid effort was made to recover as much as possible with a crew of 6 brave men from the Ozark Angler in 3 boats running out of Dripping Springs. A good time and a good haul was had by all. Some pics from our efforts:

There is a ton of trash in our river... I think we all know that. The next river clean up day, in sept. I think, will be a much bigger effort. We plan on making a scavenger hunt, having trophy trash awards, and a much bigger mobile boat fleet equiped with flat-bead trailers at boat ramps for offloading etc. Thanks to Jed at the LRFS for the lunches and snacky cakes when we all returned from our efforts and thanks to other volunteers who worked the puclic access areas, boat ramp parking lots etc. Chris did a damn fine job whompin up some burgers and dogs on the grill. This was a great effort under tough conditions. Thanks to everyone who participated and helped out in anyway. I know we can do better and get more involvement if we all try harder next time... hopefully under better conditions as well.

Phil