+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reading through ...

Default Reading through ...

Al Campbells archives is wonderful!! He had a way of writing that put you right out there stream side! It's fun to recognize the areas from verse and picture, that I have the good fortune of fishing, and had fishing with him.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Oh, Steve! So do I. So much!

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

I miss the days Al and I would message one another about fly tying issues I was having. He always made himself available to help. I credit Al for helping me become a fly tyer. He turned me on to Harry Mason (another long pasted member) who lived closed by. I took several classes from Harry allowing me to build on the skills Al imparted on me.
    Last edited by TyroneFly; 01-04-2022 at 11:14 PM.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Yes, Indeed Al Campbell was instrumental and set the interest in fly tying
    to a new level , and through Jim and Dee's writing styles and others, over time
    those articles and posts married peoples mind and soul to the sport of
    fly-fishing for life..
    This is what keeps me so enamored with this particular site , its the quality of
    the people I have met through it.
    And more than ever the young at heart that visit here now days can enjoy
    the fruits from its past , and it's current events..

It may not feel like it once did for us with hindsight , but the written words
    within indeed are everlasting.
    I suspect there will be much more..

I know I am a better fly fisherman because of FAOL...
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Dee would be thrilled to know that the website she started over 20+ years ago is still providing information about the sport of fly-fishing that makes her readers better anglers and better people. For many of us we have many good memories of our fly-fishing experiences. Preserve those memories, for when all else has been said they are all that we have left.

The Chronicler

I have referred several folks to his tying series and have received good feedback about it.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by The Chronicler View Post
    Dee would be thrilled to know that the website she started over 20+ years ago is still providing information about the sport of fly-fishing that makes her readers better anglers and better people. For many of us we have many good memories of our fly-fishing experiences. Preserve those memories, for when all else has been said they are all that we have left.

The Chronicler
    I hardly ever make any comments but I very much enjoy this site. She indeed did a great service to many that she never even knew about.
    JD

Well Betty,
    You certainly did it again. Got us busy absorbing again so much useful and true information available to us from this fabulous site, FAOL. We just finished Al's "An attack on freedom" article. So true then when it came from without.....and so true NOW when it comes from within!
    Sure would have love to have met Al and chewed the fat for awhile. JC and Deanna sure knew how to pick writers for the site....
    ....lee s.

A funny with Al Campbell. Early on in my membership with FAOL, I'd not met many people here, much less done much fly fishing. Cary and I had ventured out on a small, way far out stream in South Dakota, to try out our new-found-not-so-skilled-abilities. As I rounded a bunch of willow bushes I came face to face with a man, and must have had a startled/perplexed expression on my face, because he said, "Yes??". I said I was sorry, but he looked like someone I knew from pictures...Al Campbell on the web site FAOL. He laughed and said,"That's me!". The beginning of a many year friendship! He was quite the guy.

+ Reply to Thread