Quote Originally Posted by hungNtree View Post
fly.tyer,

I work at a farm store, but I am not a chemist so what I am fixing to tell you may not be 100% correct but it should be close enough. Pyrethrin and permethrin are more or less the same chemical. I don't really understand it all, but I have been told they are brothers or cousins or something like that. Anyway, I know at our store we sell flea collars for dogs and cats that are made out of permethrin, cutting one of those into 1 inch long pieces should work. We also sell some fly baits for hanging up in a barn or something that could probably be cut up, but I think the flea collars would cut easier. I hope that helps.

hNt

PS: We sell a small bottle of permethrin for spraying cows for flies. It has on the label the correct amount to use for spraying dogs, cats, and horses. It is a whole lot cheaper to buy the bottle, like $5 and mix it in a quart spray bottle and treat your pets. Same exact chemical and it is on the label. A little aggravating mixing, I think its like 1 oz to a gal, but it sure beats the price the vets stick you with. Has nothing to do with keeping furs and hairs, but it might save someone a few bucks, and in this day and age...
Thank you this sure did help.