Tig only hit one aspect of Ohio FFing, Steelhead season which is absolutely great. I live in central OH so I am within 2-3 hours of a whole lot. There are the 3 streams that OH stocks with Browns, the Mad, Clear Creek, and Clear Fork. Just over the SW border in IN is the Brookville tailwaters - trout again. The Muskingham Watershed lakes in eastern OH are known for Muskies and giant catfish. There are other Muskie lakes throughout the state including the local Alum Creek Resevoir which is exploding. Like pond fishing? Get know someone with a pond or head to the AEP Recreation lands - free with good campsites. Two great LM places are Knox Lake and just above the O'Shay dam here in C-bus. On top of those there is always Lake Erie and the Ohio River.

Last but not least are all of the great streams like the Kokosing, the Stillwater, the Little Miami, the Hocking, etc. If you like wading/canoeing/yakking and you like to catch SM, Rock Bass, LM, White Bass, Suageyes, Gills and Carp, the creeks are the way to go.

I don't mean to sound like the Chamber, but I am near retirement and thinking of moving to a "good" fishing place. I'm really just starting to see the opportunities nearby.

If you want more info check my local place -
http://www.madriveroutfitters.com/