Hi folks, RW here,

This was done about two or three years ago..time to do it again with all the new members we have. What is your favorite snack to take along for a day astream?

Before my cholesterol problem it was always hardboiled eggs for me. Luv em..but they don't luv me. Now it's a small pocket size bag of trail-mix (my own recipe) or a couple granola bars... power bars, etc. Plenty of cold coke back at the truck.

I remember when the former thread went up there were gourmet lunches streamside, with wine and a good macanudo cigar for an afternoon break. Also some excellent ideas for snacks came of it.

Before I quit drinking I used to stash a can of beer every hundred yards or so, in the cold water in obscure places as I fished upstream ( I wore a vest back then). As I fished back downstream I'd have my beer breaks as the day wound down. Usually had something good back in the truck in a cooler when the fishing was done.

So how bout some of you. Snacks? No snacks? Hearty lunch? Midday break to a diner? What's your favorite?
With Thanksgiving almost on us it's time to think about food. Should make for a good thread.

Later, RW

------------------
"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring on fishing the wet fly-