+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Man this is fun

Default Man this is fun

Went back today to make sure that 1st fish yesterday on my first tie wasn't a fluke.(no pun intended)
    I caught this Rainbow and lost another. I guess the fish like what I tied. I did wear my FAOL hat and maybe that has something to do with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So I guess you are officially hooked now (pun intended). Sweet looking catch there Donat. Make sure to save that first fly, and tie up some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Donat View Post
    Went back today to make sure that 1st fish yesterday on my first tie wasn't a fluke.(no pun intended)
    I caught this Rainbow and lost another. I guess the fish like what I tied. I did wear my FAOL hat and maybe that has something to do with it.
    So that's my problem, I've got the wrong hat on.
    Jim
    There are three ways to complete a project. The right way, the wrong way or the Boss' way. You'd best learn the Boss' way.

Unless I misunderstand the regulations, you are fishing out of season...opens April 19th???

Not trying to cause trouble, courious, I am planning a trip up in Early Apriil and had decided to forgo packing fly rod due to season being closed?
    Last edited by brhoff; 03-26-2009 at 07:15 PM.

BTW, I sure hope I read wrong, would like to get up and try a few trout streams.

Your right brhoff about CT open season. The ice is out at our club pond and open fishing to members.

Darn it! I was hoping to get out but will be up the week before, probably leaving the 19th and certainly won't brave combat/opening situations.

Thanks for replying.

Default message for brhoff

Check your pm

PM back at you, great , great offer for sure.

Also, I certainly hope NO ONE thinks I was accusing you of poaching...realizing after I replied earlier, it might seem that way...no way, I was just confused as to where you were fishing....will check your recomendation right now.

Donat, If it wasn't fun would you still do it? My Bro-in-law wants me to golf with him. I want him to fish with me. He thinks fishing is too boring, I think golf is too much like work.
    Thanks for the post. Keep going fishing, it is fun. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Wink

Jim
    A good friend who fly fished and played golf had a saying when fishing. "This is the most fun you can have with your pants on". Say's it all.

+ Reply to Thread