+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Castwell's backyard, again

Hybrid View

Default Castwell's backyard, again

As you all know, my life is anything but normal; here is just one more element. I have a large Have-a-heart live trap in my back yard. Raccoons are a problem here. This morning I found an adult 'possum in it. He had eaten the whole foot long mackerel bait. I locked the trap in the open position and just left it. Figured he would sleep all day (nocturnal marsupials). He did, all day. This evening, dusk, he is still in it.
    Now it's dark, he still won't leave. He likes it in there I guess. I put my flashlight on it from the house,,, 10:30 at night now,,, he's found a home... Should I feed him tomorrow?
    Oops, Gone now; problem solved. Checked my other trap, made sure he was not eating the other fish.

JC,
    Did that Possum look anything like this one?: http://k43.pbase.com/o6/20/410020/1/...PssmEyesCW.jpg
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

lol,,, what a cutie! Nope, mine did not have crossed eyes or a tongue sticking out. Had someone just bashed that one of yours on the top of his head? Might account for those abnormalities.

I think my Possum (Image) had a long night with these guys: http://images1.fanpop.com/images/pho...8-1024-768.jpg
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Used to work with a licensed wildlife rehabber. Got baby possums by the dozens every spring. It's funny how something as cute as a baby possum can grow into something so ugly
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

This will sound like a wild "fish" tale, but I promise this is true. I dated a girl in college that raised an orphaned possum. She was very tenderhearted. The girl not the possum. She named it George and the night she set George free, she ran over a possum in her truck. I told her it was George running out in the road yelling, "Mama, Mama!" Needless to say, she is not the girl I wound up marrying. lol
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Eagle Elk View Post
    Used to work with a licensed wildlife rehabber. Got baby possums by the dozens every spring. It's funny how something as cute as a baby possum can grow into something so ugly
    And stinky!

I was gonna mention about the time my son found one and wanted to skin it for the .... dubbing.

But I won't!

................................................. it still embarasses me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Eagle Elk View Post
    We had one crawl through a hole under our fence last summer. My wife thought it was so cute and went outside for a closer look. Then moma possom came through the hole hissing and charging at my wife. She screamed and ran into the house. She asked how does something so cute turn out to be so mean and ugly. I just laughed. Possums I can put up with, it those darn Racoons. The dig up my lawn each Fall for grubs. I find it funny how they totally avoid my front lawn and instead opt for the backyard. Oh, and then there are the skunks... .
    Trout don't speak Latin.

+ Reply to Thread