Hi All,

It was a blow-out week, literally! We tried to fly fish...really we did! After leaving Homosossa we drove down to Manasota Key and stayed at Weston's (last minute registration gets 3 nights instead of a week). This put us directly on the Gulf and Lemon Bay at Stump Pass. It also meant that since we couldn't paddle or wade (breakers as tall as me) at least we could fish the docks!

The first night there were 4 of us out on the dock and one of the guys caught a 29" snook (carefully measured) on a rubber shrimp. Hmmm...Ken and I caught a couple of Ladyfish and Ken caught some sort of snapper...maybe a small mangrove snapper...had teeth...haven't had time to look it up.

The next night...nothing. The last night...a few more Ladyfish. Then we were talking about going in and I said, "Just one more cast." And, then another...hook-up! Nice snook on a pink & green sparkle forked tail... Yes, I admit it. We had gone to the dark side and were using spinning gear. It was the only thing that would work...unless you jig with your fly rod

Earlier in the week we called and talked with Capt. Tony and let him off the hook for the 'cue on Wednesday night. Met with Kevin in the shop on Friday and confirmed that it wasn't just us, the wind was making it tough! Sorry we missed Dave, Gil and Les; but, we knew this trip was going to be a long shot. Maybe next year will be better

We left for home a day early because it wasn't getting any better. We still had a great time and explored some new areas. We didn't like Cedar Key; but, loved Homosassa. We'll be back again.

I'll post a few pics when Ken gets them off the camera.

I hope things get better for y'all down there because between the wind, the drought and the economy it's not easy in FL right now!

Di