+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zipcast believer

Default Zipcast believer

For cleaning flylines, I am sold on Zipcast. I just got the guilts over neglecting my flylines over the winter and decided to clean all of them. I used soapy water and some took 8 soakings to get most of the dirt off , but one still had some dirt on it before I gave up.

Then I took the Zipcast, which I bought back in January at the Northcoast Flyfishers Conclave from Ron?, and starting cleaning and treating the lines according to directions (yep, I read the directions). Most of the lines went through a pad two times and looked good. On the one dirty line that got scrubbed 8 times, the Zipcast treated pad came away dirty. So I did it again, still dirty, again, finally clean. The Zipcast really removed soil from lines I thought were as clean as I could get the by washing. Next up is to see how much better my lines cast, and I have a feeling that they will be easier to clean because of the Zipcast treatment.

Big thumbs up for Zipcast!

Glenn

Thumbs up

Big thumbs up for Zipcast!

I agree 100%...
    Dotman (Jerry) on this site is a sponsor and has it available, or send a PM to Ohiotuber (Mike) good stuff...

Thumbs up

Glenn,
    I believe you were attending the Fly Tyers show in that MISERABLE weather early this year & YEP, Jerry & I were there in his booth right up front. You're gonna love how your line casts...just remember to treat it every time or 2 out. I do mine after every trip, but it doesn't take a lot.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Mike (Ohiotuber), I do believe that I talked with both you and Jerry (sorry I thought it was "Ron"). Yes, I was there in spite of the weather and, surprisingly, so were quite a few others. Anyway, I can't wait to try out my treated lines and I will try to post some reports of my own "Factory" that I fish.

Glenn

I have said this before, but I am grateful that nothing made actually does permanently stay on/in my fly lines. Given a little time it's like hitting the 'default' button, they all wash off. They are made to be as impervious as possible and so far I have never permanently screwed up one. That does mean: some things will clean some lines faster/better, some will wear off faster/slower. Use your favorite.

+ Reply to Thread