I'm just curious if anybody else has attempted to target catfish, while using their flyrods. So far, I have managed to catch a few small Channel Cats, while I was fishing for Bluegill and or Bass. To be honest, I don't remember what they hit though.

I have 2 rods, both in the 5/6 wt size, with one rigged with a DT6, and one rigged with a WF4. I'm using regular 8# mono as a leader on the DT6, and a tapered leader on the WF4, with a 7X tippet.

I normally use various sized and colored wooley buggers, while targeting the BG and Bass, and also use a couple of different poppers, and some flies I found that look like grasshoppers.

The Channel Cats in the lake I live on, are starting to move shallow now, and I was wondering if anybody else likes to try cattin on a flyrod, and what they use. What size rods, hooks, leaders, etc. Any particular patterns the Cats might like. That kind of thing. I catch em all the time, using spinning gear, with just about any and all baits channels favor, but I'd like to figure out how to target and catch them using a FlyRod and Flies.

I have been thinking of starting to learn to tie, and now maybe I'll have a good reason to learn.

Thanks for looking and helping with any ideas.