Just a warning before you read this, it is a shameless ?I?m proud of my daughter? posting.

If you dig deep into the 2005 archives of the ?Warmwater? section, you?ll find a poorly written story about my daughter?s first fly fishing trip called ?Where?s the camera?? At the time, I was just excited to have my daughter go fishing with me. I have been amazed at what has happened since that day, so I thought I'd post an update.

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/feat...r/ww082905.php

Shortly after that fishing trip, we both attended a fly casting clinic. Her response to formal casting lessons could be compared to a duck taking to water. She was quickly out casting me. Before long, she was helping teach fly casting classes.

She is now a 15 yr old high school sophomore. Last year, TFO fly rods asked her to join their Jr Advisory Staff and yesterday she passed the FFF Certified Casting Instructor exam. Getting her CCI has been a goal since her first casting lesson. I am proud that she achieved her goal and that we were able to do it together.

I have been amazed and grateful for the help and encouragement that everyone from complete strangers on the side of a river to Lefty Kreh has provide to her as she has learned to cast and to fly fish. I want to thank everyone that has taken the time to help a kid learn to fish. You never know where those few minutes of time will it will lead.

Rex