+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Back up into the hills...;)

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Back up into the hills...;)

Went up to dry Run this evening, temps 40's, chilly, they had stocked a couple day ago so the locals had beat it down hard, today was left over fisherman off on saturday. I was hoping they would have caught all the stockies and not come back...lol So the evening went slow, but I did talk to some nice folks. Later after some scouting, I found a little off the path place that had gone unnoticed. I hadn't had a good day fishing so far so I didn't start to excited. I tyed on a Klinkhammer bwo cause Mike in Ohio says Klinkhammer and it was above the last place I took him. The area was tight for casting but did manage a couple of good cast and wound up with a brookie, that warmed up my hands. A tree or too later...lol, (found out that gives the pool time to settle back down) I landed a couple more. The casting got to be to difficult with all the brush and cover so I decided not fish dry but wet. I took out one of the flies I had sent to ol blue's swap for bassman, (REE said in a thread he had success with them so I tied some up) After tying it on I said well this is for bassman and on the first cast landed a very nice brookie with bright colors. Caught a couple more and ended my day. All in all, a very good FAOL day on the water.
    Oh dang can't forget, broke in my new FAOL hat today as well, first time on the water for it...

Grubb, Sounds like a so-so day turned into a pretty good day after all. Glad the wet fly worked out well for you. (Glad you got a fish or two for the Bassman too.)

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Way to go Grubb; life is good.

Thumbs up High Notes

Grubb -

Always nice to finish on a high note - sounds like yours was very high note, indeed.

Got to watch out for those REE flies, though. Might get you thinking different about what you been tying ??

John
    The fish are always right.

Tim,
    Sounds like you have found your "lucky" fishing hat!!
    Glad the Klinkhamers worked....of course, I knew they would....there's just something about Virginia streams & that fly, isn't there?
    Thanks for the report & I'll most likely talk to you tonight.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

+ Reply to Thread