+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of fishing do you like to do?

1. Default What kind of fishing do you like to do?

Well...what kind of fishing do you like to do? Do you like to fish small mountain streams for little wild trout or do you like large rivers? Do you like fishing for big trophy sized fish? I know I like it all!

------------------
    "GET THE DRIFT?"

Mike, I try and stay away from crowds, therefore I like fishing for small wild trout. I like going up little feeder creeks that a lot of people bypass. To me solitude is the name of the game

My situation doesn't allow me to travel too far to fish, but from where I live, in a little over an hour or less I have my choice of a wide variety of rivers and streams. They range from big rivers like the Delaware, to medium size ones like the Lackawanna and the Lackawaxen, and small ones like Tom's Creek and Dyeberry Creek.
    I like them all.

Bob

------------------
    There is a fine line between fly fishing, and standing in the water waving a stick.

I think, based on the only comparison I have between local waters; i.e. Missouri River and small lakes- I prefer the lakes.

For stream fishing, I'd like to find a small stream which runs fairly strong, lined on both sides by mature trees, scattered throughout with stones, and very far from any and all crowds (more than 5 people is a crowd to me). I'm going to try Capps Creek in south-western Missouri next spring to see if it comes close to that image.

------------------
    There's almost nothin' wrong with the first lie, it's the weight of all the others holdin' it up that gets ya'! - Tim
    Jesus still hangs out with fishermen.

Mike,

The kind you do in the water. Seriously, I have so many choices here it's hard to pick. I have small streams with resident cutthroat that eagerly attack a dry fly, medium sized rivers with resident cutts, sea run cutts, steelhead (summer and winter runs) and three salmon runs, not to mention the bull trout and dolly varden. Then there's the big water with the really big steelhead and salmon, plus all the others.

Then there's the saltwater fishing. I won't even get into the salt stuff as it would take too long.

Like you, I like it all.

REE

Small streams and rivers, though the small streams are quite bushy.
    Love ponds and what we call gullies which are basically tiny ponds, beaver ponds and dams are really quite stunning to fish and is great habitat for brook trout.
    Large rivers are fun too, but when you fish something like the Exploits for salmon or any major salmon river for that matter forget the solitude, your just never alone.

Blog Entries

All , prefer the saltchuck over freshwater , but I'm not choosy.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Small streams and tiny creeks. Anything away from the roads and crowds. High up in the mountains where the scenery is as pretty as the fish.

Rocky

Blog Entries

I like creeks and small rivers best. Either warm or cold water is good for me. I like trout, but I like red bellies and bluegill too. I've never been a (fly rod) pirate, but one of these days I intend to give it a try. Ponds are fine, if they are clean. Even puddles are ok by me if they are quiet, clean, and have fish in them. Of course, I live in the Land of TVA, so lakes are always available.

I like spring creek and tailwaters. Tougher types of fishing. It makes it interesting to me. Catching 50 fish a day is no big deal to me either. I would rather catch one tough fish than a bunch that are easy to catch.

But I have to say I do like all types of fishing including Catfishing and Saltwater fishing and if the wind is up on the salt I do not mind picking up a spinning rod. Sometimes if you want to fish the salt you have to pick up the "THE OTHER" type of equipment or go home and I would rather fish than do that. Ron

+ Reply to Thread