My son had a surprize for me when we went to Salmon on monday. I was to dress warm and be prepared for anything on tuesday morning. He tells me he has to stop and get his pole from a friend. We get to his friends house and it turn out to be not a friend but a guide. Long story short It had rained and snowed the night before. It made the Salmon River the color of camp coffee. The guide drove over 100 miles round trip to find where the mud was comming in and find some good water. It was not to be found. All this time I am picking his brain. When we get back to town he gives us the lunch he had made for the trip and we called it a day never having hit the water at all. Most of the guides up there would have put in and said there you go sorry you did not get anything. He rescheduled the trip for the 31st. Cost of this first trip that was a wash out. NOTHING. If you are ever planning a trip to the salmon river in Idaho check out this guys web site and consider hiring him. He has over 20 years experience on the river. His web site is www.rawhideoutfitters.net. Just thought I would share this with everyone. I will post when we get back from our trip and let everyone know how the fishing was. Hopefuly the river will be running a little better.