+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Happy Saint Patrick's Day

Default Happy Saint Patrick's Day

I've heard that everyone claims to have 'a wee bit 'o the Irish' when March, 17th rolls around. I can proudly claim such as my fathers mother was from County Cork, Ireland. "Top 'o the mornin' to ya; (and the rest 'o the day to myself!")
    Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you all, and don't to forget to wear a 'bit 'o the green too.

Talking

Happy Saint Green day to you too Sir, and to Mr. Tuber up there In Ohio, and to all the other's claiming Irish descent... May there be a song and dance in yer hearts today...

I am a descendant of a long line of McCutcheons thank you. That'll do nicely.
    When the time comes; May you be a half hour in Heaven before the devil knows your dead.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Blog Entries

Happy St. Pat's -- my Dad's family came from Sligo -- I've always loved a pint of Guiness or even a shot of good Irish -- and while I may wear a touch of green today I'm not going near any pub (Irish or otherwise) today or wearing one of those silly green hats -- and certainly not drinking any green beer -- St. Patrick's Day is a day to celebrate the Irish for sure but like Christmas and other "holidays" it has become far too commercialized -- not once in Ireland did I ever seen a pint of green beer -- but enough of my rant on St.Pat's -- so I'm proud of my Irish heritage -- and love the music and culture; the fishing's not too bad either -- and I'm pretty sure that the Irish in me has given me the ability to be a bit of a storyteller (not a bad attribute for an angler) -- and I'll wish to everybody on FAOL Slainte (to your health)
    "No matter how complicated life can get -- remember life is sometimes like fly fishing; after turning over every rock in the river trying to "match the hatch", you have probably spooked every fish for miles -- so don't let the "little things" BUG you -- just enjoy whatever you find." Mike Ormsby

Not sure of this, but that style of dancing was developed during an infestation of cockroaches over there. Maybe it was snakes. Seems to have worked well.

nighthawk Guest

Well folks I hope you don't mind having a British/German/Native American celebrate with you.

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

With the name Kerry, you can bet I have some Irish blood in me.

My wife's family is from Ireland. Her father's birthday is also today so you can imagine the celebration we have. Every year his cousin, Jamey, calls from Ireland to wish him a happy birthday and I usually end up talking with him because I am the only one that can understand what he is saying. I look forward to the evening's festivities and the annual phone call from Jamey.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Blog Entries

Last St. Paddy's Day, Jeff Kenedy posted this on his "Drawing Flies 365" website:

"Lucky Charm" Digital image. Happy St. Pat's Day! This was a quick digital image of the closeup series I want to start. Sometimes I will digitally work out colors and composition before I paint. This will end up being a finished painting someday. Hope you noticed the river of beer the fly is swimming in. I think it is either a pale ale or a stout! All I think this fly will catch is a leprechaun!
    "No matter how complicated life can get -- remember life is sometimes like fly fishing; after turning over every rock in the river trying to "match the hatch", you have probably spooked every fish for miles -- so don't let the "little things" BUG you -- just enjoy whatever you find." Mike Ormsby

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine in Dublin, Ireland. I hope I got this right.

Beannachta? na F?ile P?draig!
    Ban-ick-tee na fay-lah pwad-rig

Translated: St. Patrick?s Day Blessings

Happy Thanks Patrick's Day to all!
    Trout don't speak Latin.

+ Reply to Thread