+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FL Fish-In 09 - 10 Days To Go !

Hybrid View

Default FL Fish-In 09 - 10 Days To Go !

The extended weekend of activities is getting closer & the schedule is still play-it-by-ear for the fishing locales on Thursday March 26, 27,28 & 29. Weather forecast for this week is 60 overnight & upper 70's. Tentatively, activities & the meet & greet barbeque will start Wednesday March 25 at 6 pm.. Capt Tony & Kates' hospitality is 387 Gulf Breeze Blvd in the Venice East subdivision. From the I-75 /Jacaranda exit go south on Jacaranda ( about 3 miles ) to 41 ( just about 100 yards past Home Depot ). Turn left on 41 & go south to the yellow flashing traffic light & turn left on Venice East Blvd. Gulf Breeze Blvd is the 3rd left. The attendees that are planning to be at the barbeque, probably $10 per person or walking the plank mateys......; should RSVP so the amount of food is more than sufficient. About a swashbuckling dozen will be pirateering the gulf coast waters with long rod & there will be the usual expertise in fly casting instruction if needed; along with fly tying at Casey Key on Thursday evening for the current go to rip-the-lips off fish catching patterns. For those that wish to try for some freshwater species, there's certainly enough waters! Local members from Charlotte Harbor Fly Fishers & Mangrove Coast Flyfishers should have enough info on fishing other areas ( farther north or south ) for more hookups on the fly ! If y'all want or need phone #'s to get in contact, post or PM. Lodging with the "Tight Loops Fly Fishing discount" at the Holiday House in Venice is available: call 941-485-5411
    Last edited by saltydancindave; 03-15-2009 at 11:58 PM.

Default Rsvp

2 Tidys will be there!

After hobbling around like having a peg-leg for the past 2 weeks, should get there even though I'm "driving Ms daisy" to the doctors in Cape Coral Thursday morning. Anyone can check in with Kevin at http://www.caseykeyanglers&outfitters.com for more up to date fishing reports as the gulf is down to 68 degrees with the brief rains; & with Capt Tony 941-496-4289 for seating reservations or should anyone get lost on land

Amongst the Mangroves of West Central, Florida

Ain't gonna make it!!! AARRGGHH!!! Will 'splain later on this afternoon.
    "Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~ Edward Abbey

Is Gils' really beyond just Going Wild For the weekly fishing report update, provided by a CHFF kayakker : Went with the kayaks
    and six guys from the club to Oyster Creek(Lemon Bay) this week and caught
    Pompano, Spanish, Snook, Redfish, Trout and Ladyfish. One guy had a 50 lb.
    Tarpon go after his small ladyfish and two more circled the kayak. Other than trying to get over what might be the last of the spring breakers bug going around & the never ending muscle cramp in the leg aggravation.......should still get to fish a few days.

Amongst the Mangroves of West Central, Florida

Friday the 26th was already taken. Someone (dang supervisor) failed to log it in on the Annual Leave schedule. I just knew (thought) there was no problem in my securing those days.

About the only thing left now is a fishing morning/afternoon with the Tidys while they're up my way.

I just don't think I want to drive down Wed. after work and back to Land O Lakes on Thursday afternoon for work on Friday. BACK down on Friday afternoon to then turn around and head back home Saturday afternoon.

I can't even get a full day Saturday as I have to be back Sunday to make it to a previously planned outing with a bunch of old friends.

I was going to try and talk the girl out of the 26th that beat me out of that day but once I heard she was going to some high school band competition that her daughter is in ... I didn't even try.

Oh well. Hopefully I can get down that way and beach fish for Snook this summer with saltydancindave.
    "Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~ Edward Abbey

+ Reply to Thread