+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to Use This Website

Default How to Use This Website

Terrific website. So much valuable information. I will probably post on something that has already been covered because I haven't read it all. How about a menu item on the home page..."How to get around on this website?" There is soooo much good stuff here. Some of us are not that computer savvy. Perhaps a Tree....showing each menu and what is inside each? For example....to get to Ladyfisher or Dave Micus archives.....what is the best way....search?...or go down the tree path...etc. I actually printed the main menu and then clicked on it and printed the NEXT page...and then the archive list of each major contributor. I put it all in a 3 ring binder. Some day I will break it up into dividers...and a table of contents. I usually take something like this and break it up and file it into a daytimer 1-31 file. Right now for example....to get to the archives of old flies I would: go to home page, clk on fly tying, clk on old flies and stuff, scroll to all the way to the bottom and clk on Archives. I do the same for Dave Micus, Ladyfisher, etc....couldn't these steps to each archive be in a menu item of HOW TO? Or is there a better or simplier way? I know, it's dumb.

------------------
    Plain old Jim, I'm Plain...and I'm old.

Jim, you were very close to hitting it on the head with your first try. To see Ladyfisher's archives just click on Ladyfisher on the left hand side of the home page, that will bring you to her most recent article, at the bottom of that article there is a link to an archive of all of her other articles!

[This message has been edited by Ray (edited 25 February 2005).]
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

Well, you can't really make a wrong move, so newcomers could just enjoy mosey-ing around and nosing into things. Click on anything! Then use your "back" arrow if that's not where you want to be. Enjoy the walk.

It really is pretty easy from the home page.The left side column will take you to a set of sub-menus and most of them have links to the archives.

At the bottom of the home page is another set of links to sub-menus.

I found this site when I was first getting going on fly fishing. I actually went back through all of the archives of his bulletin board and clicked on every thread of interest to me. I learned a ton before I posted my first question. There is probably no other place in the world where you can get so much really good info and advice on Fly fishing!

+ Reply to Thread