Thread: Just Another Bummer!

Threaded View

Default Just Another Bummer!

Just Another Bummer;
    Last weekend, I was happy to tie up a few flies for folks coming to the Great Western Sportfishing Show in Spokane. It was a fun experience and lots of folks are excitedly looking forward to this year's warmer weather. However, when I returned to work on Monday, I learned that the BOSS, has made some changes to our benefits. He changed the Vacation Schedule, and reduced it to "One Week Per Year" for everyone. He also said you can't take any vacation until you earn it. He also said you can't carry any vacation time over to your next year of employment. Because I started with my current job on Aug 31, I can never take a week long vacation in September. The Idaho Fish-In is always in the last weeks of September, this means I can never go to the Idaho Fish-In again, on a paid vacation. If I could, I'd quit my job and just go fishing, I just plain can't so I won't. So there are some really great friends I will probably never see again. REE & VEE come to mind right off the bat. DanBob, DadBob, Ken Sample, Dana Sorenson and lots of others race my mind with sorrow. I'm sorry to complain, but this really bums me out. Thanks for listening to my rant.
    Last edited by Lotech; 03-14-2009 at 01:26 AM.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe