I would be interested in making one. The one thing I will say is that a straight wood handle with a bone winding check (Like the redwood one) is about 10 grams in wght more than a cork which is a negligibe amount that you will not feel. That particular one is made from the pedicle of small bull. It has a lot more wght than a cork or wood, even when bored out an inserts are put in. The rod that is on is a 5wt with a Ross Canyon reel and it balances out fairly well. It is still a little handle heavy. It does not affect how it fishes or casts but you do feel the handle. Other ones I have made where it is a bone accent in the back and winding chk in the front are not as heavy as using the pedicle...but it is definetly custom. One thing to remember also when fitting a wood or bone/wood handle is that you have to be more careful when fitting to a blank. You can only put inserts in so far so you have wood and bone to ream out. It is slower and if you try to force it you can crush the blank...ouch. What I try to do is to mic the diameter of the blank close to where the handle will end up and drill that out just a hair under that size and then ream from there. I will also usually use a silver winding check on top of that to hide any small imperfections in fit.