It seems no matter where I go; no matter what level: I almost always end up in a swap where someone doesn't turn in their flies by deadline. This isn't a problem really for me, as I have yet to host a swap. But after talking to a few swapmeisters of recent swaps I've been in it seems many people are signing up and then not communicating anything about whether they're going to be able to complete the swap. Rick's 4 Swap Madness had several people who never contacted him about anything. With some meisters they can wait or understand if someone has to pull out due to certain commitments.

But for the ones who don't even show that courtesy, I recommend a "Thread of Shame."

I know I'm getting tired of tying flies only to get half of them back, and I know several meisters who are sick of the game of trying to track people down. I say if someone fails to meet the commitment without some kind of explanation they should be publicly shamed! If someone gets on the board and it seems later there were some circumstances that warrant the no contact, their name could be removed from the list. Such circumstances could include anything from illness, death, etc.

What do y'all think?