+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Okuma Integrity Reels/Opinions

Default Okuma Integrity Reels/Opinions

I searched and couldn't find any discussion on Okuma Integrity Fly Reels. I am thinking about buying one for my 5 weight. Anybody care to share their opinions on them? I'm lookng for a trout reel that will handle the general 12 to 15 inch trout and the occasional 20 incher.
    Thanks

I have one that I picked up a few years ago and it has held up very well, even with the occasional saltwater use. The drag is pretty smooth. I have a 7/8 that I use with an 8wt rod, but I wish I had gone with an 8/9 to accommodate more backing for the occasional striper. With the 7/8 and a 444 line, I can only put on a scant 80yds of backing. I haven't found anything in that price range that is any better, and I have found a few more expensive reels that aren't as nice.
    The most valuable thing I've learned about fly fishing is just how little I really know.

"With integrity, nothing else matters. Without integrity, nothing else matters." ~ Winston Churchill

3. Default

I have used an Integrity on my 5wt for several years. My only complaint is the weight. It is quite heavy for a 5/6 wt reel. Other than that, it is fine. Smooth operation, decent drag, never a problem.

+ Reply to Thread