Thanks Erik and Fritz.

I got 'er now I think. I kind of figured the flasing digits meant low battery. Although, some things you set digitally you keep pressing till what you want flashes...and then do something else to set it.

I also managed to finally find out how to access the btty. It is molded so well I didn't know where to try. There are some small slots in areas so I tried to pry and pop open but to no avail. Now Erik, with your sliding topper info I finally understand it. Now all I need to do is find the btty. I have a Radio Shack here but just don't ever go there. So thanks for the heads up on that. Many places sell quite a variety of btty's now a days. And I just browsed the places I go...which is mainly Safeway, Walgreens, and Walmart.

Those places I can tell you....at least in my town do not carry the SR44 btty. Hopefully my Radio Shack has it.

Thanks for all the help. Especially the trusting Erik who offered to purchase one and mail it to me to help me out.

To Fritz, and Erik and all there are some great people on here. Just one of the perks of this board. I found out a couple more people on here I can really like and trust.

Seriously Sincerely,

Gemrod