+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dave Scadden Float Tubes

Question Dave Scadden Float Tubes

Any body out there tried a Dave Scadden H-3???

Fishin' Jimmy

Ijust looked it up I have never heard of it but from what I just read most people are finding it to be a good product. I myself like the look other than the fact that there is no work bench in front to work with, and that it seems to stick way out infront of you. But with a fly rod that would not be a big deal.
    I think it looks great, but then who am I just a cheap tuber in a pontoon boat low in the water.

I almost did but got the NAV II instead...

I'm pretty sure Fly Goddess has ...I'm sure she'll comment.

It's funny, you look at a post like that and all of a sudden the Fish cat's and Super Fat Cats and others get mentioned when the guy asks specifically for a Scadden tube. My brother has an H3 and I've used it numerous times. I like the large cargo area in back and it does float pretty good and it has low wind resistance. I do feel more safe in it than I did when I owned a SFC. In that thing, I almost felt like I was falling forward whenever I'd bring in a fish. I'm 6'2 and 230 and I like the size of the H3. It's more comfortable too than the SFC I had. But that's just my analysis.

Haven't tried what you are asking about; however, I just ordered an Avenger and I'm looking forward to receiving it.

Part of the reason I went with his boat was that they don't have bladder to worry about.

I think that Scadden's boats are well made and seem to enjoy a good reputation.

Good luck.

Blog Entries

Used when I was in Utah -- looking at getting one but larger than the H3 -- likely the Outlaw Outfitter for guiding -- great product -- they had a booth at Toronto Sportsmen Show -- really like their boats
    "No matter how complicated life can get -- remember life is sometimes like fly fishing; after turning over every rock in the river trying to "match the hatch", you have probably spooked every fish for miles -- so don't let the "little things" BUG you -- just enjoy whatever you find." Mike Ormsby

Mike, (hope this isn't pirating a thread)

My "Outfitter" arrived a few weeks ago. I'm in the middle of moving and the season only opens here in 3 weeks, ... but I'll let you know how she handles in a bit! I'm pretty excited to put her through her paces!!!

If you order, you should look into seat risers for front and back as well as the standing deck for the rower. With the third seat in the back, the "through the frame" anchor rope needs a bit of jury riggin' and extra side pockets and oar holders (supports) are a must! The "wheel" for underneath depends on your put in/take out spots (I needed one).

The 'toon is VERY long. I had a custom trailer built 16 feet long and 70" wide on the deck.
    Christopher Chin

I know Dave and have been with him as he tested his boats in two very different settings, on Texas Hill Country rivers and on a very windy Duck Lake in Montana. They are creatively designed, extremely well made, and probably the safest and most durable boats on the market. If I was in the market for a float tube or pontoon, I'd buy a Scadden boat, hands down.

+ Reply to Thread