Good evening.
I guess we are all different with different ideas on whats the best way to fish these wets.

Myself, its ALWAYS down stream.
the reason and thinking behind this method is.

It, the wet fly is the first thing the fish will see !

There is no over lineing the fish with the fly line or even the leader, no shadow that may put the fish on guard, there is something wrong.

The wet will flow with the current and all the micro currents in the stream or down into the pool.
It is possible to fish AT LEAST down to 100feet down stream, where fish haven't a clue in the World there is a old fella up stream trying to trick them.
(hooking a fish at least 100 feet away, is a monster thrill to this fella)

When faced with a lake or pond situation,
Allow the wind to act as the current on your fly and line.

"Normally" I do not add weight to my flies.
To achive the sinking I now use a series of what I call Technical leaders, these being,
a fine twisted copper wire or heavy lead wire, something like your T8, a high density material, a fluocarbon type and more AND or sections of all the above to suit the conditions.

Yes it takes time to change leaders.
BUT, have you ever noticed, or are you the Lady or guy that has the same leader all day ?

Why ?
You are happy to change flies during the day
but leader, its the same leader.

May I take the liberty to suggest, your lazy.
Why not change your leader to suit the conditions.
To change its quick and easy, IF you use a loop to loop connection.

Back to getting that fly down and dirty, where it can trick the biggest fish in the stream or lake.

YES, its the little crazy fools that cruise the upper layers of the water ways, (and keep newer fly fishers happy) the bigger lazy fish, (thats why they are bigger) cruise about down deeper or near the bottom, where it is safer)

On the END of my tippet section of my leader,
I add a super soft section of monifilament.

Why, this is to enable my fly to be apart of the main current and the micro currents, where ALL the real creatures that fall into the water will be washed into and out of.

And my friend Mr and Mrs White lips will be expecting them to be washed into and around.

Now if my fly, acts like the real thing, suggests that it could be eaten, most likely it will be.

I cast across and swing down stream.
During the swing,
I stop the line, or pull back a little, enough to make the fly rise slightly.
This is of course a 'Induced Strike' method.
Then when the fish strikes, the line is almost straight, there is almost no need to strike, Mr fish is on, all by himself.

And then feed line again into the drift.

Then at each cast, which reaches out further than the last cast, I add line till the tip of the Floating fly line is almost out of sight, way down the pool or stream, so to speak.

NO, I do not use an indicator.
this is because I do not wish to add anything that may add fear to the fishe's mind.
I instead, watch the tip of the line like a hawk !
OR if fishing at night, (when the bigger Browns come out to play and feed) then its all feeling,
AND I CAN ASURE YOU, you will feel the srike, its more like a mighty whack !

HOWEVER, most fish, seem to accept the wet as the real thing and whack the fly daytime or night time!
And as a result, I think they, the poor things hook themselves, more than me lifting the rod.

Well folks, I guess I am different after all with my thinking,
BUT
Could I suggest you try what the old fella from around the other side of Mother Earth has suggested and you just could be suprised with the results.

Kindest regards to All,
UB