So I got there way early Saturday AM and got my little table set up. I was walking back up from the overflow parking and saw a suspicious gray Ford Ranger pulling in. So I set about helping Al get things situated. He is wearing a fake cast to get people to feel sorry for him(kidding). once that was all underway and Rex and Taylor showed up with the other crew I felt like I could leave them to it. So I got my one weight and went right outside the building and started fishing in the little pond (It was way too much work to walk all the way over to that big pond and start trying to fish there)

Pretty soon I was getting a strike on every cast. I was missing as many as I was hitting but even so was getting fish pretty regular. Then it turned up a notch or two, started getting better. Then they started sticking their heads up out of the water! By this time I was as excited as as a dog sitting by the kids' table at Thanksgiving so I ran through the building to get Rex and Taylor to come fish. They were getting rigged up but...you guessed it...when they got around there it had cooled off considerable.

I need to remember not to jinx it by hollering to people to come fish - dang it.

Has anyone else ever run into this sort of jinxy situation? I called Zenkoanhead down to Duck Creek once last year when the green sunfish were absolutely amok! Same deal, Don showed up about the time it shut off hard.

But it was fun and getting to see those heads poking out of the water was too much!