I am stepping down as the owner after 4 years. I have always had a deep respect, and love, of the varied history of the sport of fly fishing and this love, and respect, is the reason for stepping down at this time. Most of you know I have an incurable form of non Hodgkin's Lymphoma, i.e. Mantle Cell Lymphoma. Part of me ignores this and tries to live life as it has always been and part of me knows I can't do that. In other words the disease has changed me and I am not comfortable with who this new me is.

The changes are both physical, and mental, the physical part is annoying but I do the things necessary to lessen their effects, the mental part is due to a malady referred to as Chemo Brain, i.e. the effects of Chemotherapy does things to your brain which have been difficult to say the least. The effects have been I sometimes stutter and have a difficult time finding the right words to say, in other words I struggle to communicate and it's frustrating which then turns to anger which I can't often control, this is tough for someone who expects civil discourse and is a practitioner of that. I find that when I cannot control those emotions I withdraw within myself and cease doing things that could put me in a position to embarrass myself which is why I have been absent of late. While this will eventually diminish and I will return to my normal self I cannot put myself, the forum or the members in jeopardy because of this so I have chosen to place the forum in new hands. I still plan to visit the various forums I visit and contribute when I can which will be comforting as I won't be in a position of doing something foolish which I would regret. I hope everyone understands my decision and I wish the best to everyone especially the new owners, regards.........