+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Classic Fly Rod Forum is changing owners

Hybrid View

Default The Classic Fly Rod Forum is changing owners

I am stepping down as the owner after 4 years. I have always had a deep respect, and love, of the varied history of the sport of fly fishing and this love, and respect, is the reason for stepping down at this time. Most of you know I have an incurable form of non Hodgkin's Lymphoma, i.e. Mantle Cell Lymphoma. Part of me ignores this and tries to live life as it has always been and part of me knows I can't do that. In other words the disease has changed me and I am not comfortable with who this new me is.

The changes are both physical, and mental, the physical part is annoying but I do the things necessary to lessen their effects, the mental part is due to a malady referred to as Chemo Brain, i.e. the effects of Chemotherapy does things to your brain which have been difficult to say the least. The effects have been I sometimes stutter and have a difficult time finding the right words to say, in other words I struggle to communicate and it's frustrating which then turns to anger which I can't often control, this is tough for someone who expects civil discourse and is a practitioner of that. I find that when I cannot control those emotions I withdraw within myself and cease doing things that could put me in a position to embarrass myself which is why I have been absent of late. While this will eventually diminish and I will return to my normal self I cannot put myself, the forum or the members in jeopardy because of this so I have chosen to place the forum in new hands. I still plan to visit the various forums I visit and contribute when I can which will be comforting as I won't be in a position of doing something foolish which I would regret. I hope everyone understands my decision and I wish the best to everyone especially the new owners, regards.........

OW
    Thank you for your years of stewardship of the Classic Board. We all are just passing through but your grace and care of the forum and what it represents has been a great blessing to me. I pray that you will continue to improve in body, mind and spirit. Thank you, again, from a cyber-friend.
    Peace brother,
    Mark

Great place to learn things!!!!!!!! We'll catch you when you post.

Good Luck

Fatman

Blog Entries

OW,
    Wish you all the best -- Classic board very interesting place to hang out -- you'll be missed -- sounds like you've placed board in good hands though -- I just registered after lurking around for a while -- a lot of info for cane rod entusiasts
    Tight Lines,
    Mike
    Last edited by Mike Ormsby; 03-05-2009 at 01:06 PM.
    "No matter how complicated life can get -- remember life is sometimes like fly fishing; after turning over every rock in the river trying to "match the hatch", you have probably spooked every fish for miles -- so don't let the "little things" BUG you -- just enjoy whatever you find." Mike Ormsby

S,
    Thank you for all you've shared and given to this passion over the years. I wish for you ,peace and calm.

Best,
    Steve
    it's all good drifts

Banjo, we will all miss your great work on a terrific source of information on bamboo rods.

I've lurked over there and posted a few times. It won't be the same without you.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

+ Reply to Thread