Hi,

Here's the link to the various camps across the country:

http://www.tu.org/site/c.kkLRJ7MSKtH...outh_Camps.htm

If you know of any young person who'd love a chance to immerse him/herself in an experience like this, I'd highly recommend it. I've talked to kids who've attended the camp here in Maine, the camps in Pennsylvania, Montana, Colorado, Washington, and michigan, and the story is always the same - Fantastic!

Each camp is different and reflects it's area as well as the target age group (some are for 12 year olds, others look to older teens). The Maine camp is on the Kennebec River, the fishing is for landlocked Atlantic salmon and trout, and there's a drift boat trip, and the conservation component includes a trip to a hatchery, sessions with the Atlantic Salmon Commission, the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife, and more. There's lots of tying, an artist who comes in, wooden net making, and fishing right out the door. Every camp has equally cool things going on!

At under $275 for a week, I think the camps are reasonably priced compared to other kids of camps, by my local TU picks up the bill for any of our first time campers who ask, and I'm sure other TU's do as well.

HINT: usually,the letters of application are blind-judged, based only on what the applicant writes!

Just fyi,

Kat