Quote Originally Posted by Animal Chris View Post
Beautiful fish, Bob.

A couple of years ago my wife and I flew to Oahu for a week of getaway fun and I had the opportunity to fish Kaneohe Bay with a friend. When we arrived at our walkin point, my friend groaned a little and said it was going to be touch fishing because the tide was running high. Once we bailed off and I realized that seeing fish would be extremely difficult. While we did see quite a few large bonefish cruising, but the only thing that I got to take my fly was an 8 lb blue fin trevally. Since I had never caught one before, and until that time was completely oblivious to it's existance, that fish made the day. Not only a beautiful fish, but a great fighter. Had we been able to fish from a skiff, maybe the outcome would have been a little different. Another thing that helped pass the day was watching the air exercises at the Marine Air Station. America's finest at work.
I hope to return to Hawaii soon and this time I will plan on more than one day of fishing. That is truly one beautiful place to chase bonefish.

Tight lines, Chris

Aloha Chris, its funny you should mention the air exercises. I was actually guiding during the time the Blue Angels were here and they were flying overhead preparing for the weekends event. We were stalking a Monster 14 or 15 pound bonefish when the client was preparing to make a cast 3 large explosions at the Marine base FREAKED the bonefish out, It went Bezerk!! It did figure eights, not knowing which way to run then finally made its escape between my clients legs! Oh Well, what can I say he's still out there for someone else to catch.
Congratulations on your 8lbs.blue fin trevally thats a nice size fish!
I agree with you regarding the Beauty of the windward side it is DEFINITELY my favorite place to fish!

A Hui Hou!

Capt. Mahalo Bob