I am brand new to fly fishing. I have only made a couple of trips, but although the first fish I caught was only hooked for a few minutes, it hooked me for life. Just ask Jack, I was grinning from ear to ear, I think he knew right then I was hooked hard.

Anyway, I'll try to get to the point, I am suppose to have another knee surgery in a week or so, and I am going to be laid up for a few weeks. I thought it would be a good time to try fly tying. I have looked at one of our sponsors Hook and Hackle for the tools. Anybody have any suggestions as to what I need? I can't afford to spend a fortune, especially when I am going to be off work for a little while, but I am leaning toward the Professional tool kit for $34. I hope to do this for a very long time, and I assume it would be better than the beginner's kit. I don't know how to add a link for you to click on and see the one I mean, but if you click on vises and scroll down you will see it on their website.

As I will mostly be fishing warm water creeks and streams I was also wondering what sort of flies should I try tying? And what materials do I need? I want to get a list up, so I can go ahead and order the stuff I need. I need to go ahead and order while my wife feels sorry for me and will let me spend the money. lol

Thanks in advance,
hNt