+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rod rack plans

Hybrid View

Default Rod rack plans

Does anyone out there have a homemade rod rack for the float tube. I am looking to make one for myself and am looking for some ideas or plans. So would you be willing to share with me please.
    I am looking for a design that lays the fly rods flat and not stanting in the air, but I will look at all designs.

Thanks very much for everyones help in advance.

I am going to "ride along with you on this" if you do not mind. Been trying to come up with something for my NuCanoe and some of the ideas here may spark something for me also.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Which direction do you want it to point? My tube has two velcro straps (one on each side) to strap your rod in while getting in the water. I have used them to hold my rod while doing other things (eating, getting a fly ready, etc.).If you want it to point straight out in front then you can make a holder out of PVC pipe securing it with a strap.

Desertman
    There are moments when, whatever be the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees.
    R.Y.

How many rods?

Yes I want to make it out of PVC pipe and I want the rods to stick out behind me. That is the tips out be hind me, and I am thinking about 3 total rods at the most. I do the same rod straped in on the sides of the tube. but i want them out to the left of me.

Warren...didn't Jack have something like he's asking about?

jeffcpr...since you did say this I'll show you what I use..." but I will look at all designs"

One rod is strung up ready to go in this holder...and it does point up and to the left..so you might not like it...incidentally it is adjustable 360 degrees

Another rod is stung up and lays between me and the left pocket...

The other rod I fish with but when traveling it lays on the right ...since I'm not casting then..I do actually have room to lay two side by side on the left.

I can change rods almost instantly this way.
    Last edited by ducksterman; 02-26-2009 at 10:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread