Two veteran ice fishermen made their way out onto the frozen lake. The unpacked their gear and set to digging holes in the ice. They had their tip-ups all set and sat waiting for the first bite of the day.

Along comes a young lad with his basket full of gear and sets up his rigs. As the seniors watched, they saw the lad start to catch fish after fish, running from on tip-up to the next.

Give that the older fellows had not had so much as a nibble they were curious about how the boy was doing so well.

One of the guys walked over to the boy and said: "We noticed that you were doing really well, do you mind telling me your secret?" The boy looked up and mumbled something unintelligible.

The old fellow said the youngster: "I'm sorry but I did not understand you." Once again, the boy looks up and mumbles.

The fellow then takes off his hat, that he had covering his ears and asked again: "What did you say?"

The boy holds out his hand, spits a large glob of something into his palm and says: "Keep your worms warm."