The first trip I remember clearly was going striped bass fishing with Dad on the Westport river at age four. We were trolling tube and worm type rigs way up in the shallow portion of the river and Dad chided me for letting out too much line. I caught two 5lb stripers on a couple of passes, while he pulled up oyster shells... We laughed then and never forgot that trip. I also recall him making up names for parts of the river that weren't named, just to make it interesting for a little kid who got restless trolling and wanted to cast. He was a WWII vet, so he spiced the names with titles like "Tokyo Run", etc. He started a passion in me that never burned out yet- the wonder of what will be on the other end of the line on the next cast, or around the next bend in the river... I hope that kids today can appreciate the wonders of the outdoors like we did, despite the distractions and "intensive" entertainment they have marketed to them now. (P.S. The stripers were keepers then, times do change!)

------------------
"Knowledge is knowing, wisdom is understanding"